Who can be a hosted buyer?
If you are a Business Events Professional/Meeting Planner with the primary responsibility of planning and contracting business events destinations and services, you may qualify for the Convening Leaders Hosted Buyer Program!
Why be a hosted buyer?
Enjoy the opportunity to connect with potential business partners and demonstrate ROI to your employer while saving your organization money via complimentary Convening Leaders registration and housing* (savings of $995 for members and $1,355 for non-members).
*Depending on hosted buyer package that is provided
How do appointments work?
You manage your own schedule and have the ability to request appointments with suppliers/vendors, as well as accept or decline meeting requests that you receive.
Appointments will take place on Sunday, Jan 6, 2019 from 12:30pm – 3:30pm EST.
What are the commitments if I am selected to be a hosted buyer?
- The first 50 applicants that are qualified and accepted will receive complimentary registration and three nights housing, and are committed to conducting 12 appointments
- An additional 30 applicants that are qualified and accepted will receive complimentary registration and are committed to conducting 8 appointments
What is the application process?
The first deadline is Friday, August 24. You will receive an e-mail notification with your application status by Monday, September 10.
Upon acceptance, you will receive a special complimentary code to use for 2019 Convening Leaders registration and instructions to book your complimentary hotel accommodations (if provided).
Hosted Buyer Terms and Conditions
- Buyer must fill out the application IN FULL and qualify to participate.
- PCMA places a high value on this program, therefore you will be charged the full planner registration fee* ($995 PCMA Member, $1355 Non-Member) if you do not complete the required appointments with PCMA Partners and other industry suppliers.
- There will be a $350 penalty fee if you cancel participation after December 7, 2018.
- If you have participated in the PCMA Hosted Buyer Program at Convening Leaders and/or Education Conference in the last two years you will not be eligible to be a Hosted Buyer at 2019 Convening Leaders.
Questions? Contact Lianna Petruccio at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 312.423.7229